Friday 23 October 2009

Making the other side.

Now that I had created a face that I was happy with (not perfectly as I can edit later) I wanted the mirror it so i could see my whole face. I did this by selecting the object I selected mirror from the tool bar, I chose the axis I wanted and then I chose Reference. this was one way communication, the clone mimics the original with changes but you cannot modify the clone. "This way of mirroring applies an inverse scale matrix, so that if the model is merged into another programme the normals could end up becoming inverted, which causes prob, I could have chosen, copy or instance, but reference was suppose to have been the best method of mirroring for me.


Problem 1 :This was my ever first attempt for mirroring. As you can see it went horribly wrong as the vertices weren't attached properly as I hadn't used the snap tool. This means I had to re created my quads again. This showed me how important using the snap tool was.






Once I selected my axes, If it didn't appear on your screen change the axis. It appeared back to front so I pressed Flip face’. If the axis of the object is too close and it looks odd, select the + sign next to symmetry in the stack and it will reveal ‘Mirror’. With"mirror" you can move your clone and orientate it. If you click on ‘Show end result’ which is an image just below "mirror" you can see the changes you are making to the mesh without having to toggle from mirror to edit poly. This is very useful as you don't have to keep going back and forth .



In the properties, at the bottom it asks you if you want to weld the seam. this is and easier way to weld together both sides of the face without having to do it separately. This is just like before, and you have to use the weld threshold to find the right amount of vertices's to weld

No comments:

Post a Comment