Friday 23 October 2009

giving my face some shape


Now the face is now created I need to use the side view to give the face its proper shape. I laid out the two images one to the back and one to the side. create a corner for the image to sit inside. The quads on the front view are resting on the front view face. This is straight on when looking at the "front layout" but now to do the side of the face I worked in the "side view" "right"



Again I made sure that the face was semi transparent otherwise you would not be able to see the key features and wouldn't know were to match the vertex.



I made sure that both layouts were in view. I did this by right clicking on the view port and selected properties, I then went to layout and I could selected how man y boxes I wanted to view. I chose two and selected front and right. This would make it easier for me .



Now by looking at the image you can see how the face will come together. first of all I selected all the the vertices's on the Y axes that I had created, these should be roughly in a straight line. To make sure this is a straighter line I I went into vertex settings and selected panalar, I then selected y axes and they straightened out. In the right view I was able to see the all the vertex so now all that was left to do was match them up to the side view. I did this line by line.



Firstly I moved all of the vertes to the back of the head of the so the back of the necks were both matched up. I then started from the nose, I selected the tip of the nose on the front view, and then it would highlight which vertices it was on the right view I then dragged this to the image of the top of the nose. I did this with all the first line, follow the chin, mouth nose and forehead. I kept checking looking at both views and occasionally rotating the image to make sure the right vertices's were selected.



Once I Had done the first line I followed by doing the rest of them. This was very time consuming and frustrating but once it was finished I was happy with the result.






In order to smooth your surfaces within editable poly, like the image above, I added a modifier "turbo smooth", this was inthe modifier panel, I can hide this when I am not using it by selecting the image next to the modifier which makes it inactive.






What took me the most time was fixing all the little problems I found once I had created the face. I spent many hours trying to make the face look more human like, and bringing out features such as the nose, lips and eyes. As you can see in the image above, there were problems with these features.

No comments:

Post a Comment