Friday 23 October 2009

Creating the back of the head





To create the back of the head It was basically like the front, I used the guidelines form the photoshop pictures and did the same. I had to define key lines in the neck area;and make sure line are going out through the shoulder.



To make it easier for myself I used a sphere to help me create the shape of my head. I made a sphere and use the geometry to make the back of the head. I shaped the sphere looking in the right view port and made sure it was the same size as my head.








I then deleted the quads that were too small and that I couldn't use. The other bigger quads could be used to make the whole shape of the head. I deleted the quads at the top of my neck as they were not needed, as well as the ones that touched the face I had already created. I Was careful when deleting as I wanted to be able to link the vertex together easily.



Now that I had the shape of my head I turned it into an editable Polly attached it to their face by using the snap tool.




I now needed to create the rest of the back of my head and shoulders, this was very time consuming and difficult I now had to use the guidelines form my photoshop photo to create the rest of the neck and back of head, I did this by extending polygons by holding shift and dragging the polygon, I connected the quads by using target weld, and selecting each of the vertex and dragging them to each other this was the most reliable method of fixing them together.






this was very time consuming and caused many problems for me. The neck was very hard and I ended up redooing it many times..




Problems : I experienced problems when editing the back of the head, as some quads became unattached, so I found myself reattaching lots of quads most of the time, I also tried to re-weld them, and manly snap them.




I had many problems when in Orthographic view, as If I would edit something this view, it often went disastrously wrong in the other fixed views. I tried not to ever work in this view as it caused too many problems.


No comments:

Post a Comment